Friday, August 10, 2012

condemnation vs. life

Jesus straightened up and asked her [the woman caught in adultery], "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
 
The first thing I think of are the battles I have in my mind throughout the year. Sometimes they last for seconds, sometimes for weeks, God always gives me assurance that they will be over and I will be free. Didn't sleep well. Just a lot on my mind. Its crazy when you go to bed and the mixture of emotion combined with work, combined with conflict, combined with dehydration, combined with anything else, can make you dream of. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of how many times I condemn myself for things. Yet this scripture simply says "no need". He condemns the sin not the person. I get tempted to condemn myself and hate the sin. I believe this lie that says " beat myself up and then I'll be fine because I must own my own problem. Well then what was the cross for. Yeah, it was for show, and I'm supposed to do the same thing. I read and think, is it really that simple? "just leave my life of sin?" what if it happens again? Hits me, God continues to let me know of temptations yet to come and I need to listen to Him. He continues to remind me that I'm made in His image and not my own. He'll use these circumstances to refine me and grind me down. It hurts in the process but it is as simple as going now and leaving my life of sin. I can start now, I don't have to be ready. It doesn't matter what it is, its a simple as just leaving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?