Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sinful Society

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her [the woman caught in adultery]."
 At first I'm thinking, what a come back for adultery. I always thought Christ was going to in silence just remove her and get stoned himself. But thats not his style, he'd rather qoute the truth. Sip some coffee, I read and think. What throws me off is that he didn't say anything about adultery, he said without sin. Sin is a big one, I often tend to rank sins, yes there are some sins that I consider little ones, yet I'm aware that they're all equal. Pride is the most deadly, however adultery is considered a big one too. I googled, what "bad sins" people considered. It felt weird reading what they thought. Basicly it was those actions that keep us away from God and focused on ourselves. I read and think, I'm amazed of how blinded I get from sin. These people were questioning Jesus. They weren't accusing him, they were stoning her. I can't but think of facebook, when there's a crazy story, and everyone is just lashing out at what kind of terrible person the person is. I'm reminded of the chick fila being in the news right now. The entire world knew it was a christian company, so of course there stance on homosexuality would be according to scripture. As I read the comments on azcentral.com, I couldnt' believe of out of hand things were getting. Yes according to scripture homosexuality is a sin, just as pride, jealously, envy are. Christ didn't say "start throwing stones, starting from the last to the first". He said "throw only if you haven't sinned". Yell at the person who got in the accident if you never text while driving. People need to drive the speed limit, while you speed past them. Hits me, Christ spoke the truth, because he is the truth, the woman needed to be loved, not stoned. I live in a society that rewrites everything and can customize everything. I can't customize the bible to do what I want the truth to be. The word's the word, I can mentally change it, put it on the shelf and mentally live my life the way I see fit, but God will still be God and his truth will still be there regardless of how I choose to live. I find myself having a difficult time not accepting a sin story from someone else. I end up laughing and agreeing instead of qouting the truth. But don't they know the truth, do I need to speak it. Am I willing to lose a friend due to my beliefs? Am i judging them by qouting the truth or am I saving them from a life they have know idea they are living? Until I can see them through christ's eyes I won't know,  and only he can show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?