Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Honest Strangers

— Luke 16:10 —

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."
 
The first thing that I think of is Captain Jack Sparrows line from Pirates of the Caribean. A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, the honest you have to looking out for, because for they may be honest and do something stupid, or something like that. Trying to finish up things at work there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I wonder where dishonesty came from? of course the fall of man but what makes one single person decide to say or do something that has potential of hurting people? I can only think of how often I judge someone who is sitting on the side of something playing an instrument. I immediately think, pan handling. I immediately think dishonesty. Susan and I while on our honeymoon were at a restuaurant in Adventureland at Disneyland. As we ate our dinner, a mother approached us and asked if her child could sit with us for 10 minutes while she figured some stuff out. We were fine with it, we weren't leaving. She left her 7 year old with us and came back in about 10 minutes and left. We appeared to be honest strangers. Did we send off a vibe that said, "no worries"?. Jack Sparrow was very dishonest and he almost had to be in order to stay alive. However, everyone would some how trust him and then find out how dishonest he was, when he proved how honest he wasn't. I read and think. I'm also reminded of what motivated me to become responsible. It wasn't "ok, Nathan grow up", it was "I can't stand it when others aren't trust worthy". If you say your going to do something, and you don't follow through, please tell me ahead of time". Alot of times we don't know. I would end up and tell people, I can in 6 to 8 months or I can get you your wedding done by your first anniversary, I'm sorry I'm just too busy. Then they would say, what are you doing that makes you so busy? too much. Hits me, I have definitely established a reputation with people, I'm not quite sure of what it is but its something trust worthy or possibly flakey. I sometimes feel people I've done work for still allow to serve them because they like me but I'm not sure. As Jack Sparrow appeared to be honest in a dishonest way, I need to be that stranger who appears to be honest in an honest way which starts out with the little things, because if I can't with little things, the big things won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?