Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Emberrassing God

He replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice."
 
In this day and age, its "my mother and brothers don't believe". In my case, I can greatfully say, that my family hear's God's word and puts into practice. I'm tired this morning, working on the Thrive's promo, I've been praying about it, and Eric and I have come up with a good idea. I find myself really too black and white alot. He kind of comes as an outsider looking in and gives me a good perspective. I think too much about things alot. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I can only imagine what Jesus went through with the crowds. So many people wanting to be healed. When his family arrived, and he was notified, all he said, was they heard God's word and put it into practice. He could have said "oh cool, where" or "oh great, hope I'm not embarrasing the family". I always emberrased my family growing up. But He kept his focus on God's word and what they did with it. How many times have i been too insecure to face my family and friends with the truth, in fear of them thinking I'm trying to be more holy. The truth was, they were on his side. Sure i know my family practices God's word, but do I acknowledge that when I see them. Jesus was pretty much telling the crowd that his family could assist them too. Could God say that to me? or do I emberrase Him? Hits me, I find I can really speak my true heart in a blog, you get me with a group of unsaved guys, my mouth is shut. You put in with a group of saved guys, I can talk. If Jesus saw me, what would he say? Would I be able to help others put God's word into practice? or Would Christ say "he's emberrased of me". I feel like an embarrassement alot, why? Because I fear man's reaction. I found myself praying for my high school bully's yesterday, really believing he could save a few of them. Yes I speak of what some call religion, when really its a relationship, a relationship I am afraid of at times. Yet a relationship I can't live without and can't but put into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?