Monday, August 27, 2012

You've got me? Who's got you? - Lois Lane

The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"
 
At first I'm thinking, its this end of a fight scene or the end of a great explosion, the climax of the movie, you're like whoe. You were expecting Jesus do to something, but weren't expecting what happened to happen. Today is Susans Birthday. She's taken the day off from work, as have I, only but for a 3 pm meeting I have get today with a client. We'll get out just intime for Birthday dinner. I always look at Birthdays as time to reflect on last year and time to focus on the person who's birthday it is. Whenever we go to a Birthday party, I try not to be selfish and think of why I'm not having fun, or who to talk to, but how can I bless the birthday person. How else do I shop? Sip some coffee, I read and think. I've always been fascinated by super hero's and their powers to do things humans can't do. Like Superman, he's got this nerdy image of Clark Kent, but the audience knows, he's really superman. I'm amazed how Jerry Siegel first created this character in 1932 to almost be that of Christ. He appeared working for the Daily Planet at the age of 30 to help save the world. The winds didn't obey him, but he flew, and all the waves did was freeze when he blew. But still he was superman, and he had a weakness of kryptonite. While there's no comparison between him and Christ, I do find that the two had enemies and doubters. However the major difference between the two was internal and external. All superheros accept for some of the x-men were focuses on physically helping people, while Christ was focused on the soul. He was focused on what was keeping us from truly living a full life. Everyone Christ spoke to had been living a lie of deceit unbeknownst to them. He came to give them the truth to set them free. They had no idea they were trapped. I mean, Mary Magdelene had 7 demons in her without knowing it, she was just troubled. I read and think. I'm reminded of the scene when Clark Kent see's the helicopter hanging from the building, goes into the phonebooth and comes out as superman, fly's up to helicopter, get's Lois Lane and she says "You've got me? Who's got you?" Hits me, how many times have I asked God, that question? Do you really have me? Can you handle this? This is a pretty big problem, because I can't handle it. Here's superman, the man of steel and Lois wasn't used to this. Christ can do anything, yet I fear his word or even sharing his word with strangers, why? Am I worried he can't handle them, or am I worried that I'm not ready to repesent? I have to learn to let the people see God for their own. He can handle them, I can't and I'm not supposed. Lois ended up falling in love with Superman and that's what God wants me to do, is fall in love with Him and only be thinking of what He wants me to do, in our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?