Monday, August 13, 2012

Super Singletons

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
I always think of a superhero, really any of them, when I read verses like these. It's almost like something I don't deserve, and wasn't expecting. How do i activeate this spirit inside of me. Today I shoot interviews for a video showing in November. I always get nervous about shoots, especially of this size. I'll be shooting a 11 single women who have cancer. It's an organization that my friend from High School founded about 7 years ago. The organization is call Singletonmoms. A community of women who assist with the day to day practical needs of single parents with cancer. Those are superhero's to me. Those are people who see a need and help out. One lady we interviewed said, Europe just doesn't do this, they let the government take care of it. The volunteers and care givers are the heros to help these innocent single parents in need. In turn the when most of the single parents go into remission, they become volunteers and heros. Its a win, win. Today I listen to the dreams the women had prior to getting cancer, how it changed there life and how the Singleton moms community has brought them hope. They're not a religious organization and that doesn't matter. God speaks to people in there own way, to do things that honor him. How else do people get saved? Sure I can do a bunch of good and be tempted to think I"ll go to heaven because of that. But sometimes that thought doesn't even occur to me. Seeing the need does. I also think of Charlie Wilson's war. Same situation, this politician did not live a moral lifestyle yet saw the need to help out a desperate suffering country. I'm also reminded of how discouraged I can get when I'm doing what I need to be doing. The conflicting thoughts I get into. The doubts I have. All my insecurities appear. That's why I have to make way for the spirit to move. Hits me, if I really want to know my purpose, I need to let God through and I'll see all along how he's been showing me where I need to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?