Monday, August 13, 2012

Master Identity

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10 nlt

At first I'm thinking of how often I don't believe this one. How often do I leave this type of thing in the dust and think what I think is best for me should go? We had a busy weekend, I had a long shoot on Saturday, which mentally exhausted me. We then visited Grandma Kinkel and then dinner with my Father in law and his family. Shayne blew us all away when she proved to us she could swim with floaty's on. She's just like her mom, just catches on to stuff real quick, with no fear. The pool water was also like bath water and very warm. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I often think of what things God is prepping me for now. Then I forget to look back at how he prepared me for this. I honestly think of my sister Sarah's family. I just got the August newsletter and it was celebration of how they had the biggest camps ever in Croatia. Stevo mentioned how they went with a new strategy this time, and in return more people came because there goal was different. It's like me and marketing, I think consumers think a certain way and I find out they don't. At the shoot I did this weekend with single mom's with cancer, a number of their stories were "I was not expecting this", "I had plans". I then am reminded of Neo from the Matrix and how the agents keep on trying to convince him he is Mr. Anderson and not Neo. They know he's the savior and know his plans, and they don't want him to succeed. The more lies he can believe and confused he can get, they'll win. I'm amazed of how many time I don't believe I'm God's masterpiece. I understand what He says but I don't live it. I find myself to be so optimistic and just go with things that I don't take the time to see his truth come through in a situation. God's a patient God, He reveals his plan for me in his timing. My timing is always too quick and my reasoning is just too impulsive. Hits me, I'm not my masterpiece, but God's. I too many times think I have to do it on my own instead of obeying Him and letting Him craft me through each situation. Even when I think He's taking a break he's not or when He's taking too long, He's actually ahead. Sarah and Stevo tried everything, then stepped out in faith with a different strategy. The Singletonmoms had no choice but to reach out for help from their previous dreams, only to find new hope, help and support unlike anything they ever imagined and neo? The sooner he accepted his Identity and let the matrix live it through him, the agents left him alone. God is my matrix, I don't need to understand everything or wonder why, I just have to strive to accept my identity is in Him. Now to title this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?