Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The young may be strong, but the older ones have more experience - John Wayne

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
 
At first I'm thinking, man how decieved I get. It's like getting new software because it says you can do a certain thing, I don't kow how to use it, and so I just leave it alone and hope for the best. Instead I should take a class or just read the instructions. Didn't sleep well again, I slept better. As I was getting into bed, I heard a few people talking outside, so I checked it out, and finally learned that there was a police barracade by our place. After I went outside to check it out, I learned that someone man across the way had fallen down his steps, hit his head and died. I hadn't seen anything like this since 2010. I didn't know the man, my neighbors told me he was tall and drank alot and probably lost his footing. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of another John Wayne line from the Cowboys. As the cowboys come upon two cows battling it out, he says "the young may be strong but the older ones have more experience." I find myself being strong and thinking that I can handle this life on my own even if I have the spirit. But its asking the older ones, my mentors for help. For advice on how to cry out Abba, Father. I look back at my 20's and I see me following, I see me sliding. Now I look back and recognize the experience I've gained, yet the weakness I feel. It's those moments that I need to cry out, Abba, Father. I might be strong but I am a strong slave to fear. I need to reverse that become a strong cryer. By consulting my seniors who have more experience, that experience will give me the strength I didn't know I had. I'll probably battle it out with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?