Thursday, February 9, 2012

1. 2. 3. Out To In

Dear brothers and sisters, we can’t help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing.” 2 Thessalonians 1:3 NLT

At first, I'm thinking, who am I to judge that? Not a good night of sleep, but I'm up anyway at my usual time. Shayne has a blood appt today, so I'm praying that the counts are coming up hopefully. I read and think, I'm reminded of the first time I started learning about home theater. I was coming from a PA background and home  theater was a way different avenue. I thought it was the same thing but it wasn't. I remember a few other guys in the class arguing with the teacher about needing to know watts and ohms and such.  But he said, not necessary.  I turned around and told them that it doesn't make sense but its necessary. In a Church pa, you'll dealt the watts and ohms per speaker for to the size and qty of the amp, everything had to match or else, you'd blow something. In Home Theater, everything was adjusted in the amp, you went from a 2 channel amplifier with no built in mixer (unless you had a powermixer, which in that case, the amp is built in) for church stuff, to a 5.1 reciever for you home theater where you get a remote because everything is built in to it, no need for a sound board, you plug a dvd player into it. Your movie becomes the sound mixer almost. The whole venture was such a contrast and adventure for me. As I began selling systems to people, I developed step by step processes so they could take there gear home and wire it themselves. One concept I showed them was 1. 2. 3. Out to IN. If you they could follow that, in that order, they could wire anything up. They had to come out of there dvd player and into there Reciever, not the other way around. Hits me, I'm not going to appreciate and love it when my fellow brothers and sisters are growing if I don't come out with my sins and pride and let God in to open my eyes to see them through Him. I can fake it, and just be happy, but it won't be real. I can't pretend i'm an in or out. I want to sometimes, why can't I plug my blu ray player into the back of my old tv, why can't I watch my blu ray on a regular dvd player? Out with the old and in with the new it's a simple as that. But the toughest thing I'll ever do it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?