Thursday, February 16, 2012

Preaching to the choir

This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.” 1 John 3:11 NLT

This seems simple, then why do I have trouble with it? I've been sick the past few days, feeling better today, but not quite of to par. Shayne has bronchiolitis (she was wheezing), so she has an inhaler as needed. So far she hasn't really needed it. But she's been sleeping well and been herself. Susan's been the only fully well one this time. Not drinking much coffee this week due to a cold so this is going to be interesting. I read and think, I find myself being understanding of guys at work when they're under the weather. I've been there, I can't stand when someones arrogant and claims they never get sick. At home I'm the same way, when you feel like crap you  feel like crap. Then there's the personality differences. I have found it easier to work with people who share my same work ethic than to work with people who don't. Then I think of church people, for some reason it's a whole different ballpark. It shouldn't be but it is for me. It's like this underworld of hidden talent just screaming to get out. My growing up years were the hardest. I'm also reminded of Forrest Gump and the Princess Bride. Forrest knew what love really was. Wesley new true love. If love has been heard from the beginning, then why, is it so difficult? Why do I have to be reminded? Am i fake? Am I just loving to love? Because I'm told to? At work I've found myself getting competitive with knowledge of equipment, and church knowledge of God (I can't stand it when someone shows me a scripture one on one and spends 20 minutes telling me how to read the bible) I'm like "you're preaching to the choir" why can't I love them and say "thank you". Both places are tough. Then at home it's being selfish. Hits me, Love was from the beginning because God is the beginning, and He is love, and I get that mixed up. If I don't focus on God, my feelings about people whoever and wherever they're and whatever they've done to me will be judged by anything and not by how God sees them. I'm so quick to tell God "take a break, I'll take this one" that I don't take a moment and see them through His eyes as He's said from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?