Friday, February 3, 2012

My Gerber

“But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.” Psalm 59:16 NLT

I never know what to think of these kind. I'm a christian right? and I've experienced him being my refuge when I'm in distress, so am I thankful, did I feel His unfailing love. Sometimes I feel its a different breed of people that experience this. I slept good last night, still tired but I slept good, sip some coffee, I read and think. I can only think of the connections I have with people. Then when I'm trying to find someone to help me, I forget who to look for. How many times have I not gone to God for help when I was in distress? How many times have I? It's crazy when someone comes to mind that I need to ask for help and I don't. Then there are moments when I did ask for help but gave no credit to them. I also can't stand it when I tell someone that did a great job and they say "it's all God" only. I want them to say thank you as well. Why can't I brag about God in public? I can give credit to everyone else, but Him it seems. Why can't I fold my hands above the table when I pray for my food? People are suffering, looking for the answer, yet I'm afraid to give it to them. I remember the everybody duck song "the cure". One of the lines read "he's keeping the cure in his pocket". I've been wearing a multi tool for over 10 years now. My gerber (no not baby food) has always come in handy in so many ways for anyone. I like to have things on me. The guys give me a hard time about it, because I have so much crap on my belt at work. I don't have everything but I mostly everything. Why am I not ready with God? He's power, unfailing love, refuge, safety, all that  stuff. Believe me I can tell when someone needs him. Yet sharing that with people in distress can be wood added to the fire more than water. The hard part is not having that fear. I carry tools because of my experiences without them. I go to God because of my experiences with Him. Hits me, I'm like my gerber and God's, the hand operating it, only He knows how to use me and show me what he see's fit and not me. Then I'll see Him at work even when I feel dull, he can sharpen me in ways I don't even see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?