Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bruce Almighty

“For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.” Romans 13:9-10 NLT

All that stuff and just love your neighbor? If only it were that simple. I was able to leave work early yesterday, so it was nice to have time with family, which included bachelor watching. I used to like the show because it wasn't about my life, but now I'm sick of it. Love doesn't work that way and for people to think it does? are just foolish. I'm drinking generic breakfast blend this morning since starbucks is still crazy expensive, so I'm not really enjoying sipping coffee. Sip some generic coffee, I read and think. I'm honestly reminded of Superman. His big line during the movie,  "all those things I can do, All those powers. And I couldn't even save Him". He couldn't save the ones he loved most. This coffee sucks. I read and think, I'm also reminded of Bruce Almighty. this news reporter who just wants to get promoted into anchor and doesn't get it. God begins calling him and he finally responds out of annoyance and God lets him take his job for a week. Bruce takes care of his stuff first and the God interrupts him and asks him what he has done for other people, nothing. Bruce then tries to just make everyone happy and at the end of the movie discovers he won't be happy unless he follow God instead of himself. I was raised to be on the look out. Be smart, don't do anything stupid. I keep myself pretty clean. I'm routined oriented, I can feel when I need to make a move to be proactive and I do usually. I can only take that so far, yet my selfishness comes out. I read and think, Hits me, Superman couldn't save his earthly dad, but he had the power to love, he could prevent almost every bad thing from happening or just reverse everything. Bruce Almighty had to learn to love everyone but himself (yet God didn't stop him from being selfish). I'm so used to walking away and looking back at the people that I don't like, who have wronged me, who I have wronged. God wants me to turn around, go back to them and love them? I'm used to keeping them in my thougthts for months on end, not confronting them. Yet that's what summs it up? Thats not fair. I need to learn to love the people I've wronged and have wronged me, I find myself building up such walls. God has given me the abilties to do all kinds of things but only He can save them. He just wants to love them through me is all (man I hate that). Forget this earthly love that Bruce new about, we're talking about Godly love now, that kind that only He can live through me.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely my BIC ( Brother In Christ ).....
    Forgiven people FORGIVE!
    Not easy when we look/handle it in a world/mankind view or way...but when we realize WE ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD ANY LONGER and VIEW AND HANDLE OUR LIVES....ANGER/FRUSTRATION/FORGIVENESS ETC FROM BEING SONS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD then we have and know peace and Holiness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?