Friday, February 10, 2012

The Power of Love

“If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.”1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NLT

This ones part of the love chapter. A lot of thoughts come to mind here, I really have a problem with this i think. Late night of work, 4 hours means I want a nap. The coffee is slowing kicking, this blog might take some time. I'm reminded of a moment during Mexicali 1994 that I'll never forget. We had been playing with the kids all morning and were going to lunch. Usually we would have to drive far away to find a park, but this little village had stuff pretty close by. Well the kids followed us and would not leave us alone. Our translator Gloria was just exhausted from the morning and was napping. The kids just weren't letting up and we became frustrated and angry, so our leader asked Gloria if she could tell them it was lunch time for us. Gloria went over to them and said a phrase and they were gone. We all looked at her in amazement and said, "what in the world did you say". she said , I told them "we love you, we'll back to play in an hour". I felt like an idiot. Where was my love? Why couldn't I think of that? I was so selfish in thinking I wanted to eat. I didn't even know how to love. I only knew how to love things that were easy. Things that I could love with my peers, but not alone. I read and think, I'm reminded of when I first began to see study God, I discovered it first through my viewfinder, I wasn't shooting my friends anymore,.  I was interested in everyone now. As I shot footage, and got ready for post, I wanted to have everyone in the video, not just people I thought would make the video look cool. It felt awkward at first but then the video became something better. Hits me, I'll discover skills and study other technologies, but if I don't study God along with them, knowledge of them just won't mean as much and my attitude will be numb. I'm not a natural at loving people, and that's why I need God's help. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I have to strive to seek God who created love because He is love. It's His love that He really wants to use through me in whatever way He chooses at the moment even if I don't realize it. And that's the power of His love. like from Back to the Future and Huey Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?