Friday, February 17, 2012

Goodbye My Looove - Dumb and Dumber

“Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.” Romans 8:35,37NLT

That's a good question. It also goes with that age old one "if God is so good then why is the world so bad?" Why do bad things happen to good people? Why did  I get a flat tire today in rush hour with my daughter in the car, and in my pajamas? Does Christ still love me? I'm almost over this cold. I read and think, drink some juice.  I think too many times about life problems. Sickness, conflict, every day things. I deal with them, I call them "life". But what are they really? Maybe I'm thinking too much about stuff? I'm reminded of Dumb and Dumber. By far my most favorite movie ever (next to the Sound of Music of course). Good ol Harry and Lloyd. Two low lifes, that were dumber than a nut who just wanted to get a briefcase back to its owner. They had no idea what was in it, till later in the movie. So many things happened to them along the way, Lloyd sells his dead parakeat to blind kid, Harry throws salt over his shoulder to prevent bad luck from happening, Lloyd goes with his instinct and welcomes a drifter (who happens to be the bad guy, then accidently kills him), Harry trades the van for a minibike straight up. They about killed each other all for the love of Mary Swanson. They made some pretty dumb decisions and ended up with only each other at the end. Crazy things will happen to me and I'll do my best to make a good decsions and a smart one to fix it. Usually things work out, but I forget about God, I forget to think where he's at. I find myself kicking into challenge gear and fixing whatever broke. Then I find things that aren't broke and try to fix them. Lloyd had a passion for Mary, from the moment he saw her, He liked her. When she left the briefcase alone, he saw his chance, but had no idea what he was about to get into. Lloyd had this childlike kind of love that only happens when you're young and at time I forget about. I put my adult brain on and forget about sometimes who I really am. I find myself being fake about things without knowing it. Hits me, oh crazy things will happen to me, but I need to see where Christ's love is, and where mine should be. I'll get upset, frustrated and then in the end, I'll see what was really going on. As Lloyd drove away from the airport he noticed Mary walking and said with his hand reaching out "Goodbye My Looove" and then crashed the car which was the beginning of the adventure. Thus is the beginning of my adventure when getting out of my car, seeing how God's going to love me today. And hope I can remain strong through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?