Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Living Rythm

““Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:4-5 NLT

I've always been confused with ones like these. I always thought, I'm not Israel, doesn't apply. Whoever Israel was, they were always in trouble. Slept good last night, Mommy has her own special way of getting Shayne to bed, and it works almost every time. Sip some coffee, I read and think. This week I'm doing a show for group that is using simple musical instruments to train business leaders on how to conduct business. I kind of laughed because it looked no different than the toys Shayne plays with at daycare. As I was shooting these events taking place, the people's enlightened faces looked no different than my daughters when she's playing with the gawk of inspiration and amazement. It was a mixture of egg shakers, rocks, and different lengths of 3" sch 80 pvc pipe that when hit against your hand made a noise. There was a conductor and he divided the group of 300 people into different sections and instructed them on what to do in what rhythm. As I framed my shots and angles, I was amazed of how so many people were off beat and on beat. Within a half hour they had a combined rhythm and then the conductor slowly reversed it and ended it. They of course opened it up for thoughts about what just happened. Most of the people said, they weren't paying attention to the conductor but either to the rhythm, to other people but eventually to the conductor. The entire session was entitled "working in concert". Then each team was given 30 minutes to create there own 2 min song and perform it. After they all performed, they all brought in 3 concepts of following a leader: chaos, multiple leaders, and creativity. They also had to identify everyone in there group as participants, escapees, prisoners. I read and think, I find myself being out of place. I can't keep rhythm well, I just can't. Israel was the same blood line, as Jesus, Abraham, and David. They were God's chosen people. You'd think they wouldn't have trouble following God, yet they didn't make it to the promise land and God spent more time talking to His own people than anyone else. Hits me, sure I love God with all my heart, soul, and strength. Do I show it, not always, do I need to have team building exercises to remind me? yes, at times. These people were all adults, yet they were instructed to act like toddlers, to go back to square one and bang things together. I get too focused on daily things and end up develping my own rythm instead of following His, I need to keep my eyes on Him and He' ll show me what its like to let Him work my heart, soul, and strength because living this life is a lot better to His beat instead of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?