Tuesday, November 8, 2011

But you knew karate,.....always someone know more - karate Kid

“But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”” Joshua 24:15 NLT

I don't know how many times I've read this one. Who'm will I serve, gotta serve someone huh? Slept better last night, I assembled Shaynes big girl bed in a rush yesterday, and she used it, although she woke up thirsty at 1 and wanted to be with mommy and daddy. So we'll work into the bed as the nights go on. It's crazy of how independent she is, yet so dependent. Sip some coffee,  I read and think. It's crazy about how back in the day, it was all about believe's and religion. It seems like those things are gone but aren't. I find it's not God, that pisses people off, it's the organized religion that does. I'm reminded of the war movies, or of movies with justice in them. In Braveheart, they fought for freedom, with Susan G. Comen thing this weekend, they walk for the cure of Breast Cancer. I'm reminded of Karate kids, when Daniel tells Mr. Miyago that what was he afraid of he knew karate? Mr. Miyagi replied "always someone know more". Sometimes I choose to serve my family, my job, my project, my to do list, my movies? Are these gods? yes sometimes they are, my wife lets me know too. What am I striving for. Is it for people to like my status on Facebook? Is it for people to read my blogs on here so that I don't feel insecure? Is it to make lots of money so my family is set for life? I work in the hotel industry in audio visual, I've been trained to be empathetic, to drop what I'm doing and give great customer service, to serve whom ever, to help someone find where they need to go.  I was at Ikea yesterday getting this bed. It was my first time "buying" something. I eventually figured out sweden's way of service, it was "help yourself". Very deceiving, sure you can find what you're looking for, then is the next adventure of putting on your logistic skills of pushing a cart that has a mind of its own around 40 corners that never seem to end, only to discover there is no one to help you figure out that ooh, I have to grab this stuff myself? Hoping I grab the right stuff. If you're not thorough and detailed and oh yes Patient, you could easily think its out of stock or get the wrong thing. I read and think, for some reason God has competition these days, I don't know why. But for some reason, I substitute many things for Him, I replace Him with a movie, a song, an activity, my to do list, facebook, friends. Or so I think, yet He moves me. He continues to reveal to me on a minute by minute basis how He uses all the stuff to serve Him, He's not outnumbered, He reveals to me their void their emptiness. I'm remind of HLN's Clark Howard, he saved enough money by the time he was 31 to retire and now he's giving financial advice to the world. I bet he thought, I am not going to work for 50 years to save to retire, that's ridiculous, I want that in 10. Hits me, what's this life all about, reaching that goal I have, setting the next one? Getting this project done? Making people happy? Great family? Making a certain amount of money? No everything about video more than anyone? To be the go to guy? the list goes on, it will never end. I'm really no different than these bible times people, they got a rush on how many little gods they had, so if you were only serving 1, that was pretty sad. Even today, its the same thing, just in a different concept. I find myself learning to be optimistic so I don't stress, yet that's a control thing. Hits me again, I don't need to shut anything down but surrender them to Him, and by seeking Him and serving Him, he'll reveal himself to me in the things he wants me to do, and take take the interest away in those things that take me away from him. Sure I can live this life myself with no help......for a little while, but sooner or later it'll be evident of who or what I'm really serving and the funny thing is......I really had no clue until it was revealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?