Wednesday, November 16, 2011

That's not a planet, it's a space station - Obi Wan Kenobi

“Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.”Psalm 119:18 NLT

Well this one, hits me at home a little bit, I read this one when I was at Bible School in 1995. I read it during a lecture and just prayed it because I thought it was a good verse. Today I'm exhausted, I"m writing this around noon because I got little sleep and a crazy morning. I hate it when I'm the only one that doesn't get it, which doesn't happen a lot anymore but did when I was younger. I think of the scene in Big when Tom Hanks is examining the toy building and just says "I don't get it".  I love watching infomercials about the stupidist products and I'm thinking what were they thinking. I remember the first time i read the bible, I just didn't get it, I was also 8 or 9 years old but it wasn't like a text book I was used to. There's something more in this than just a good read. It's like Obi Wan  Kenobi. It's not a planet, its a space station. It's like do i need to teach my child to cry when she gets hurt? Do I need to teach myself to get mad when I'm offended? no. But for some reason I need to create a habit of asking God to show me how to read his word? It's like working with different brands of technology, one does it one way, another does it different. I find myself having to peel the ugly look of the bible off and letting God show me what's inside and what these verses are all about. He is who he is, nobody else, I am. I'm the one who keeps calling him different things. He's staying the same.  Hits me, I can read the bible cover to cover as much as I want but until I really ask for that guidance I'll never know Him for He wants to be in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?