Friday, November 11, 2011

People in a box

Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.” 1 John 2:15-16 NLT

Honesty the first thing I think of is a baby.  Whenever a baby is in a store being cute, it doesn't matter how much money you have, how powerful you are, whoever you are, it makes you laugh a little bit inside. It makes me slow down and think about what this life is all about. Its tough when the things this world offers are really helpful. I'm reminded of a song by Steve and Annie Chapman from the 80's entitled "people in a box". I laughed when I heard it because it talked about how bad all the technology was, yet it was used to create the song. I read and think, I can't count the many times I've hate the world, yet I crave it in the weirdest ways. I sit hear writing about scripture and you see the next peoples blogs are they're anything edifying. A lot of times to me it common sense, then why to I fight things. Why can't the devil be off. In audio visual, namely hotel division, I witness so much worldly stuff, I've been to so many different venues, the conservative to the club realm.  What's interesting, is that it's all business. You meet new people regardless of what they look like, they are wanting a successful show, who cares what its about, they want what they paid for. It all comes back to them, yet you can see them in there weakness when they are stressing about things not happening or vendors not arriving on time. In the end we're all human and have our strengths and weaknesses. All the distractions that "the world" or as I call it "business and marketing" gives us, I can only laugh at, as in "are they joking" or investigate it to see if they make sense. I read and think, I'm amazed of how I crave, what I crave. You'd think that the things that harm me, would eventually go away, like a bite or a cut, I'd grow out it. For some reason God didn't design me like that, He designed me to learn to watch where I walk and what I say, so I don't get into trouble in either way (that rhymes). Yet he continues to show me, that in the other realm, he's the only way to escape from the "worldly offers"....I can't stand that at times, can't I get an updated version, that is so old school. But then I realize that, hits me, He is the answer, he is I am, present always, He'll continue to allow me to crave like crazy so I run to him however He tells me at the moment. He wants me to crave Him and in that He can show me how to love others who are craving these things we all battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?