Saturday, November 26, 2011

Super 8

“Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.” Hebrews 12:28 NLT

Again I'm not sure what this is saying. I see kingdom and worship. We let Susan's mom take Shayne home yesterday (she offered), some grandma grand daughter time. They needed it and so did we. Slept better I guess, I finally watched Super 8, I had been wanting to see it for some time and finally sat down to watch it last night. Really good, lots of Speilberg shots, even though J.J. Abrams directed it, I could see Speilberg's influence all over it. Good story too.  I didn't care for the Sci Fi so much, but the story line of a kids film brought me back to how I began. Sip some coffee, from a mug my wife got from the gift shop. I read and think, I can't but think of Tommy boy and the pretty little pet scene. And he describes himself as a terrible salesman. "I massage it, I pet it, you're naughty, you're naughty, then aaaaaahh, I broke it, that's when I blow it". How many times have I received the Kingdom and a moment later just blow it. It's unshakable and I should be thankful, but I do anything but worship Him with Holy fear and awe. Sure I'm human but why am I not uplifted. Why does he have to use crazy circumstances to cause me to worship him and respect Him. In Super 8, two families were involved, two men who had grown up together and now adults had to reconcile their differences and find their two kids who were trying to save each other. It led me to think about how God uses people in my life and I don't care half the time, yet He pulls and nudges me to reach out for from them. I don't want to be annoying. This kingdom thing isn't just a place, it become's a lifestyle that is unshakable. I read and think, sip some coffee. On Thanksgiving, I was looking through the paper hoping to find an inspiration Thanksgiving story, I found nothing but sad ones. Then it hit me, what we were doing that morning. We were attending a race for cancer. Our late friend Luke (at who's funeral we had met) had helped his boss out by taking him to chemo treatment appointments. His Sister Marsha, learned of this after his passing, and decided to take run marathons to support the cancer, it felt fitting that we attend.  I was amazed of how inspirational it would be, of course I videotaped it (well as much as I could). Susan and I had a really fun time. Sometimes it won't be in the paper but right in you're heart that God wants to show you his work. In Super 8, it was the boys mom that had passed away in an accident that the girls father could have prevented. Yet reconciliation was needed from past wounds. Hits me, I'm amazed of how God is working on me. His kingdom is packed full of all kinds of mystery's and unshakable. It can't break, as screwed up as I make this place, He's always drawing me to his Kingdom, another chance, to live like Him and breath like Him and stand in awe of Him. I'm amazed of how He uses people in my life, to show me things, inspiring me, like on Tommy boy, he couldn't sell the way everyone else could, to them he was "an apple that had fallen way off the tree", but, he could read people well. Even when I think I'm just odd, who can understand these blogs? Do they make any sense, why do I post these? This is His way of speaking to me. His way of drawing me to Him (where ever I am at the moment) where I find myself in awe of Him. I'm amazed of how much time it can take, hey its a relationship, it can be ignited over night, but not grown. In Super 8, the kids were passionate about shooting a zombie film and the director kept on getting upset about production value. Yet the real story was happening within them, their families and their town and they just happened to capture the very thing that would draw them together on super 8. I can be passionate about my work, and want it just right, want things in my life a certain way, yet God all along is using all those situations and things to point me right to a state of awe in Him the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?