Thursday, November 3, 2011

Connect 4

“Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.” Romans 13:1 NLT

Oh yes, the respect verse. LOL, I could talk all day about this one, but go no where because of my lack of knowledge of politics. I've learned my lesson in not submitting to the game.  I slept ok, still trying to get this video ready for soundtrack. I think it flows real well right now, but its too long, 15 min, client would like it no more than 8. Time is running out too, so we'll see. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm reminded of the game connect 4, one of my wife and I's favorite. We got it as a wedding gift and it really became a fun past time. Except for one thing, she's killed me every time. I was determined to beat her but I couldn't. At the time of the game, my video business was very slow and I needed help. I was also really getting into Farmville and I wasn't winning. Something had to change. I looked at myself and realized I was not willing to play either game or run my business according to the rules set in place, I wanted to win my own way. Obviously that wasn't working, so I started in farmville by following along with rules and I began winning (man I hated that) I wanted to win my own clever way. I then began researching for my company, the proper ways to run a company and it began working. Alot of humility now.  Then connect 4 came along. I began to use the principles I learned in farmville and in my business to beat connect 4, and I began winning every time. So what was the trick? I had to think ahead of how my wife could win before I dropped my checker, not how I could win at the moment so I'd drop my checker. That way I could set myself up to win by blocking a future move. I began looking at farmville wishing our economy was as good as its was and I'd be rich. I read and think. It's hard for me to believe that people elected in congress are put there by God. I can say cool things too, get elected and be financially secure for the rest of my life, dang we should all go for congress. Hits me, sure I can consider myself losing the game because of all the scum out there taking my life away and feeling there's no way out. I can believe in conspiracy and think their all out to get me, but if I don't obey and follow the rules and keep my eyes on the competition and what's to come, I'll only be further away from being free instead of living in freedom. In that freedom God will show me how he's got everything connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?