Friday, November 18, 2011

You will make mistakes, but embrace them - Christiane Amanpour

“Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.” John 17:17 NLT

I've never understood what holy was, it's like spelling a word and spellcheck keeps screwing it up, then you look closer and you see what you forgot. I haven't really blogged this week, due to how busy work was and how tired I was. I kept reading the scriptures, but I don't get the same impact unless I blog about them. Sip some coffee, I read and think. When I stop to think about the truth of really anything, I begin to see the freeing factor of it. At work, if we find out exactly where things are supposed to be and what they are to do, we are not wondering around, we can actually work. But until then we can't do too much. It's like we're stuck. How many times in my life have believed false truth, and was deceived. I like to take things literally, it bothers me when someone tells me something with a straight face only to find out later that they were kidding. I don't have a poker face, I wish I did, and envy those who do. Yet I've decided that I want to be that guy, that will be honest when people are in need, because those jerk offs who choose to be frustrating eventually need the honesty and ask me expecting an honest answer. Truth in the work place is one thing and I find it similar but different in my personal life. I find myself being a deep thinker, at times I wish I wasn't. I can chill, I also have to learn to chill. I read and think, I went into work yesterday morning and walked into an almost finished set for the Walter Cronkite Awards, the guys had been working through the night, I was operating camera so I fortunately was able to miss the set. I recognized that the switcher that was being used wasn't very suitable for the occasion so I grabbed one that was. I then felt that still small voice say "don't do it", I thought no, I dont' want the image to freeze when they switch. So I continue to reset and disconnect. To make a long story short, I ended up not using the switcher because it couldn't do 16:9 due to firmware not being updated. I then gave myself the project of updated the firmware after the show was over, which brought me through a very extensive journey of successful connecting only to result in the end to an error message indicating that my unit wasn't understood or recognizing the update. Sigh.......I'll have to call the manufacturer and troubleshoot at a different time. Learn something new everyday. Christiane Amanpour said something after receiving her award "you will make mistakes, but embrace them" or something like that. I thought dang, I have a lot of embracing to do. I read and think, hits me. I've often told my wife, that its tough being me, it's a hard life, this life is tough, I try to do things and research to find the answer a lot. I like to find out why, and sometimes why, just sucks or is not an answer. God is really strange and that's why I find I need him, because I'm strange, I really consider myself a hippie at times, just going with it, being real. The truth is here, and as many times as I neglect, I find myself self craving it, whether it be studying a manual or studying the creator himself, I need to follow Him and He'll continue to show to be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?