Friday, November 4, 2011

Fought for Life, not for points - Mr. Miyagi

“He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.” 2 Corinthians 3:6 NLT

Sip some coffee, tired, been up most the night with the kid. One of those I'm not tired but I am, it'll hit me today, luckily I'm off. I can read this for what I know to believe or I can read it for what I should believe. I can only think of technology when I read this. I have to get used to the new stuff and have no choice at times if I'm gong to upgrade, sometimes I have to replace the entire thing because I need the upgrade. I get accustomed to this lifestyle and get everything just the way I like it and then I have to change things. I remember when I had to upgrade to a new version of Final Cut Pro back in 2006 only to realize that my old g4 couldn't handle it, CRAP. So I had to replace the entire computer (which was needed). Then I realized the old days of keeping gear for years and years, are over, it's now 3 years and replace it. I read and I think. I find myself trying to control everything in my life on a daily basis. I find myself taking one day at a time with optimism so I don't stress, and fitting things where they go. Nothing wrong with that, but, God is not like this steady old man I'm finding myself grabbing on to. He's this new figure this new life, that wants me to change for Him. It's like I find Him revealing to me things I don't understand, yet I put Him in a box thinking I can control Him, when He wants to control me. He wants to show me really what He's all about, unlike me who claims I have given Him all of me. I read and think, I'm reminded of the tools I carry on belt at work (I carry a lot of stuff). I have a pouch that I wear, it has a circuit tester, tape measure, battery tester, sharpie, c wrench, allen wrenches, flash light, business cards. I use everything  at different times. I think about what if I refused to use my tools and just tell the client or coworker, sorry can't help you, or sorry but I dont' know how or when to use these. Hits me, the scene from Saving Private Ryan comes to mind, when the translator guy is slowing walking up the stairs with ammo and you hear his fellow soldier dying at the hands of the enemy. That moment changed everyone including the translator. How many times do I over think things, do I feel I'm not prepared enough for God, do things need to be lined up more, that there needs to be a big sign for me. How many times do I go to a website and attempt to create a new account only to discover I already have one.  I how many times do I get emails of free offers to stuff I just ignore. Yet I hear the spirit daily both convicting me and comforting me in daily things.  Hits me again, I'm reminded of Karate Kid when at the tournament Mr. Miyagi tells Daniel that He's never fought in competition for points only for his own life. God is not like me, but he made me to be like Him, even if I don't understand Him, he doesn't make any sense, He's way ahead of me, yet beside me. He desires to live His life in me, no account needed, no user, no password, no activation, always available, He calls me by name and I need to strive to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?