Friday, November 25, 2011

Call security, that's a good idea, I like to whisper too - Elf

“And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.” Colossians 3:17 NLT

Tired this morning, what do I say about this one. I remember memorizing this verse in the form of a song at bible school. If I have to memorize scripture, I have to get creative, thats all. So I made up a jingle and I memorized it. Unfortunately those around me had to hear this jingle as I didn't keep it in my head, sorry bohof friends. I'm tired this morning, we did the resort thing for Thanksgiving this year, working in the resort industry I can get good deals this time of year when really no one is around, we decided to take our daughter and mother in law, so far so good. My duaghter (toddler) is not quite used to different places yet, so I have a bad back this morning. So far the trip has been a blessing. Sip some coffee,  I read and think, while in the main lobby among other early morning laptopers. I begin to laugh at how loud I've been known to be. My dad would often say "man, nathan you're loud" I was just yawning. I like to be free, I'm very open, sometimes I want to put the professionalism away and just pull from the other party really what they think. Sometimes I can, usually I can't. I end up just being sarcastic and poke fun of how things are. I can't but think of Ace Ventura, how this guy was so percieved as a weirdo, yet had was very smart. Jim Carrey pulled the character off very well. Yet his job was in demand. It amazes me of the careers and things we all get into. I turn to one person and they do this, and then to another another, they do that. My brother is in electrical controls, I do video production, lol. They don't have anything to do with each other at all. I'm amazed of how the business world is so much bigger than the people world yet, you can't have one without the other. In these hard times, my wife pointed me to an article about job hunting, she namely pointed out to me number 1. Play the game. She laughed, because that was something I had to give into. Following the rules of business. I read and think, I'm reminded of Elf, one of my favorite holiday movies. Crazy how the answer to james caan story books, was right in front of him, his annoying son. I had it on repeat this week, and just couldn't stop laughing at Will Ferrill. Buddy loved life, and his dad only saw dollar signs, yet Buddy was working him over. His dad got further and further into the hole in his job and kept dismissing Buddy as just some weird elf man.  The answer was right in front of his face.  How many times has the answer been right in front of my face. How many times have I heard that voice, say no, or yes, and I didn't obey. How many times have I been misunderstood? They just look at me and say "Nathan, calm down". I'm calm, I just want an answer. I read and think. I don't always think about God before I say or do things. I do get nervous that if I'm not nervous, I'll mess up, but I don't take everything thought captive. I should but I don't. I find myself just having no expectations for anything, I'm optimistic, thats what I do. If I don't, I'll get disappointed. Hits me, sure I can be optimistic, I can strive to obey those inner voices that say do and don't, but if I don't care to think of who I'm representing, who I'm living for, all that effort is for nothing. Who am i living for, me? my family? my job? or my Lord? Who and why? Its baffles me of how I lost I can be at times, yet if I let Him be Himself in me, He always shows me himself through everything I do or say, and how it draws me closer to Him all this way. I need to play the game by His rules, not by mine or else I'll miss out on the freedom He has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?