Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My cat and the rat

“I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.”Ephesians 1:18 NLT

My cat Topher just chilin after a midnight capture
I don't know what to think and I'm not sure of how to think about this. I know what its like to be flooded with light and blinded by light. I think of the shows we do at work and how someone gets on stage and put there hands up to block the light hitting them as they say "these are bright lights". Yet there are people who love to be in the spotlight. I slept better last night, our cat wasn't there to wake me up, I lent him to a friend to catch a rat.  Then at midnight, I got a ton of texts and pictures of the rat that he caught. I was proud. I've already had my coffee, didn't have time this morning to blog but I need to do it now. Before everything begins, I don't have much time because I have to work this afternoon. I might get some more coffee because I'm kind of tired. I read and think, I'm reminded of Lord of the Rings "Return of the king" when the boys go back to the shire as grown up men. I think of superman when after his dad dies, he goes back to krypton and finds out why he is the way he is, and what to do with it. I'm also reminded of the feeling I get when I understand something finally and how good and confident it feels. Too many times I find myself wanting to do everything right the first time, I don't want to say things twice, I don't want to do things twice. I get frustrated when it doesn't happen and laugh about why I was thinking like that to begin with. I read and think, hits me.  I was given a mind to think and concentrate and to make decisions and mistakes, creativity etc. All that stuff at times will freak me out, and I find myself lacking confidence and at times have too much confidence. Without the flood of light hitting me and guiding my path, I won't have the right kind of hope and peace which in the long run, I'll find I can get only from Him. My friend went and got all kind of rat traps and couldn't get the rat. We had to go to square one with the cat and the mouse, or in this case a rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?