Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Flux Capasitor, Its what makes time travel possible - Doc Brown

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 NLT

I know what this means now, that I'm older but when I was younger, forget it. I slept kind of better last night, mommy has a sinus infection again but has the meds to fix it quick because she caught it quick. Shayne still has her bad cough at night. Once we left her alone she quick coughing. So we figured it was too many bodies in the same room. For now at least. Downsizing has its challenges. Good coffee this morning, I read and think, there's always been a some kind of hope in the movies. In star wars it was the force, in goonies it was the treasure, good vs. evil. Whenever I'm on a set at work, the whole point is for things to work. We set power, we rig things up, we turn everything on to focus. We don't start taping anything down until we see the signal we are looking for. The video guy its the right colors, that will tell you your cables work. For the audio guy, its no buzz's, and no distortion out of every speaker. For lighting its each fixture turns on as programed and operates as programmed. It's all the time accumulated up to that point. Ususally everything works, but we have to establish time for troubleshooting if things don't. Sometimes you're hoping and praying that everything does because there is no time. I'm reminded of back to the future when Marty accidently goes back to 1955 and finds out he has to save his family. He had to get his mom and dad together. His only source of hope was a picture of him and his siblingss along with the flux capacitor, which began to fade as it appeared his parents weren't falling for each other. His dad was the class nerd, and even through all the training he gave him to help set him and his mom up, he had to just let it go eventually and focus on getting home as the lightning hit. I read and think, How many times do I feel a lot of pressure about my families future? I wish I could go back and change things at times, but I can't. I don't have a flux capacitor that makes time travel possible. Hits me, my life may seem just chaotic and non stop at times where I really wish things would look better. Marty and his dad planned that dance night and it didn't work according to plan, Biff interrupted it (which was even better). God's always has something going on to help me overflow with confidence in Him. I may have to troubleshoot for a while to figure out why somethings not working. I'll get into situations, where He'll give me a doc Brown for insight, or someone to pray for me to remind of the true hope I have.  Even though I can't go back to fix my past, I can learn in my present situation to make a better future. When Marty came back, his family was way different for the better. He wasn't expecting to take that trip, and that's why it happened. I can plan whatever I want, go throughout my day, but without my source of hope being in Him, I'll turn each and every other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?