Saturday, March 24, 2012

Get Off My plane - Air Force One

“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23NLT

This is another golden one, that I learned in High School. Its seems pastors and teachers thought we need to know this stuff. It effects me more today than it did back then it seems. I'm on anniversary vacation this weekend. Kind of a rough start too, but we made it. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I kind of never understood this, wages to me are money I'm paid to do a job, it's negotiated sometimes too. I'm reminded of an incident at Ultimate Electronics. 3 people came into buy a video camera, it was evident what they were going to do with it. My instinct was to point them and advice them on what would be best. I quickly figured out what they were shooting (an adult film). I immediately held my knowledge and just let them decide on what to get. Even though my training said, make sure they have all this stuff, I couldn't but keep my mouth shut. For the first time, my knowledge was hurting me. Then I'm reminded of Air force One with Harrison Ford. I'll never forget the VP being told to sign the rights of over to the situation room so the national security could take the power away from the president. She trusted in the president that he could do this. He was a vietnam vet, a medal of honor. How many times have I just trust God and not been hoaxed into other peoples fears, too many. I find myself when I was younger to be naive about stupid things. I learned from those things, but even today, I strive to not accidentally live in sin. VP Kathryn Bennet disagreed with the her staff that had given her a paper to sign. They felt it was best if they took care of this. She refused and trusted that the president even though people were being killed, had control. In the end all the remaining survivors parachuted off the plane and he was left with the villain. The president knew what to do, and simply uttered the words "Get off my plane". I need to let God deal with my villains, instead of me deal with them (i some times end up giving them a room). God knows far better what they need than I do. Its this gift that He has for me if I let him (with the help of others at times) get them off my plane, He'll reward me for trusting Him instead of my way which can end in a crash and misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?