Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Men or Mice, what'll it be - Three Amigos

“O LORD, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them.” Isaiah 25:1 NLT

I didn't successfully move my daughter to her own bed last night. She woke up, and we didn't hear the end of it for a while. She finally fell asleep to a my snowball story. Coffee time. I read and think. Do I need to prove myself to God? Or does God need to prove Himself to me? Do I need to prove myself to other people or do they need to prove themselves to me? What is my motivation? To get out of this condo? To have a home and a yard for my daughter to run freely in? To be financial secure so my wife doesn't have to work anymore? To have nights and weekends off? I've always been misunderstood in my life. I throw people off without knowing it. I see things they don't see. I catch details that know one knew was there. Yet I find I ask questions that I know the answers to. Am I trying to prove myself or am I trying to make up for mistakes that I've made? Am i trying to please those that I have wronged and prove I learned from my mistakes? I'm reminded of Incrediboy from the Incredibles. Mr. Incredibles biggest fan. He wanted to prove to Mr. Incredible that he could help him. Mr. Incredible worked alone. In return Incrediboy became his biggest villain. If God doesn't give me something I want, do I return in vengence? I'm reminded of the 3 Amigo's. When they discovered this was a real war and not a show. They all ran away. And then Ned Nedalander said "men or mice". They used of what they knew and wanted to become the 3 Amigos for real. It was different for them, but they did it. Hits me, how many times have I doubted my abilities to do anything right? I get so caught up in my own thoughts about how and why things happen that I don't rest on the fact of what I can learn and what's already been accomplished. God doesn't want me prove anything to Him, but to let Him work in me to accomplish what He has planned. So I don't live as a mouse but become the man He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?