Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Imagination is Better than Knowledge - Albert Einstein

“For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.” 1 Timothy 2:5-6 NLT

I'm tired this morning. Today Susan gets her wisdom teeth out. We've had to reschedule this 3 times due to illness and inconvenience and now she's finally doing it. Her concern is, why? Only one needs to be pulled, yet they want to take all of them. I had this done back in 95. I've taken the rest of the week off pretty much, and then my cousin Jessica gets married on Saturday!

On to scripture. At first I'm thinking, the right time. JIT. Am I missing something here? I'm almost out of coffee. I read and think. The only time I can recall when things are just as they should be, are during show. When we are all watching the stage and just waiting on that que that we rehearsed. The presenters have no idea at times, that we are watching there every move. I'll have my eyes on that stage ready for the show to begin in case anyone walks up. Someone will walk up and we'll think, they are beginning, only to watch them put water on the podium and walk away. Sigh. Or they tap the mic to make sure its on. Which, its not because we don't unmute it until we start. I'm sorry but we don't just leave mic's on. Then I'm reminded of movies, where certain people are called in to rescue and fix the problem. Space Cowboys, Demolition man, Indiana Jones. But in circumstances like this, we didn't know it was the right time, only God did. I find myself really confused when things happen that I couldn't for see. It's a control thing for me. I usually can some what predict an event happening but sometimes I get baffled. So when things happen that catch me off guard, I'm first to wonder what God has in store. It gets stressful. Especially when I see how so many things need to line up, that in my opinion aren't yet. I'm not quick to be pessimistic but I start thinking about everything and get zoned out. I read and think, I'm drinking from my "imagination is better than knowledge - Albert Einstein" mug. Susan got it for me for christmas or a birthday when we were dating. I find that I under estimate Jesus Christ a lot. I keep on thinking he's one tracked minded. But he's not. It's almost as if I didn't plan for it, or couldn't imagine it, it shouldn't be happening. It's like when I'm working with an engineer who says "that can't work", I'm like you're not trying. It either works or it doesn't. God thinks above and beyond because He is above and beyond. God always comes through in His own way, not the way I expect it. Hits me, I can claim I need to be trained, and sometimes i do, then there are moments when I'm done, I find He used that moment to train me for the next. I thought all my knowledge would help, yet he wanted my imagination to be in His likeness and filled with Him.  I can plan all i want and be as ready I'll ever be, God will honor that. Yet he'll show me in more ways than one, that his Image in my life, His precedence will always be in sync regardless of how I feel or think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?