Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Identity to Live

“In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:5-8NLT

This is alot to chew on. Give me a second. It's like the domino effect. Didn't sleep well again, Shaynes working on something, so is mommy. Both appear to be fighting a cold. Our vacation is next weekend. LOL. I read and think, being a christian is such a change of life style, I find. It's a lot of daily reformatting. I just don't get it at times. Can I love everyone without God? of course. Can I have self control without God? yes. Can I think moral excellence? yes. I can motivate myself in other ways. I can think happy thoughts. I can be optimistic. I find myself all the sudden focuses on living ethically for my own well being than responding to God's promises. It's like learning to be proactive. It's like explaining to someone the difference between hd and digital. High Definition can't work without digital because it is digital (mainly on TV). I'm reminded of License to Drive, Les Anderson is taking his test on the computer and was kind of ready for it. He didn't pass, he was just not a test taker, just too much on his mind and too many dreams. He fails the written, smacks the computer which crashes all the others. He takes his driving test and passes. He had promised a girl a date on saturday night before he got his license and now he has to do it, regardless of failing. The whole night ends up being a mess, but he proves to himself and his friends that he didn't need a test, he's a good driver despite of how worried he was. The car ends up totaled and he gets the girl. Then there's Jim Grey from Man from Snowy River, he knew the mountain and only a few believed him. He just kept being him and without planning on it, proved to them that he was a true mountain man. God's Promised me things in His word that I forget about and that I often don't care about or don't believe. Do I need a license to live this christian life? Hits me, I don't need to prove myself to God, but I do need to believe in His promises and that they're promises. They will happen and do happen. Sure, I give people a vibe that I'm just a crazy intense camera video guy. I find I need to prove to them that I'm not. God knows what He's doing with me. He really does. It probably won't take a crazy night with a car or a mountain to prove that I can live this life, but one things is correct, I do need a license to drive on this narrow road. Its my identity in Him. I have to obey the government and play the game. God honors that, I'm glad I don't need a license to follow God but I do need his help with the distractions along the way that keep from being productive and useful for Him. Whether it be people pleasing, all my insecurities, its his promises that I need to respond too, not anyone elses. He's my identity, my identity to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?