Sunday, March 11, 2012

Objects in Mirror are Closer than they appear

“Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.”Deuteronomy 7:9 NLT

I think of lots of things in this one. I'm tired today, just a lot of work these last few days and little sleep. I have a lot of time off this next week but it's all taken up with projects. I will get some rest though. I"m reminded of the slogan on my right mirror "objects in mirror are closer than they appear". I never understood what this meant before I could drive. I don't listen to it. I haven't hit anyone yet, but I've come close. I read the bible and I find myself not getting it or really getting it, yet not applying it. I keep on thinking of other people who should be following it. What about me? Am I reading this for someone else? I'm reminded of Office Space, when Peter Gibbons was just fed up with the tps reports and work. He didn't want to go back, he didn't want to pay bills, he just wanted to sit and watch kung fu. I also think of all the membership meetings I ran sound for back in the 80's and 90's at church. I just never understood the "spiritually educated theology guys" and how they would take over the meeting. Why do I feel like this is a contest of who is more accurately on key with the bible. Why can't we just  love God? Then I go back to work and clock in. I read and think. When Peter Gibbons walked towards Lumbergh and physically walked around him, it was him saying, you don't control me. How many time's in my life, do I accidentally let this world control me? When His word is right in front of me. I don't listen because I think my common sense is fine and I can do it on my own. If I don't read the phrase on the mirror and make sure I turn right after Im more ahead of the car, I'll hit them. I usually never think about that, I just eyeball it and I'm fine. Am I eyeballing God's word. Am I just playing this read your bible game? Or am I applying this. I do it too much. Hits me, Peter was tired of working for the man and having too many bosses. He wanted freedom and knew it wasn't in an Officespace. As common sense as things seem to be to me is as simple as God wants to make His word to me, yet I still don't listen. It's through His love that he allows me to see Him work in my life as I strive to obey Him and experience Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?