Saturday, March 3, 2012

If you'da been thinkin you wouldn't a' thought that - The Sandlot

““My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

Yet I still don't believe it. I still read this as, God doesn't understand me. Or another good verse. Or God's not listening to me, He's doing his own thing. What a week, just busy and tiring. I realized this week that furnace conked out and we have now a leak in the bathroom sink. It's been so nice in Phoenix that even with the furnace set to 75 at times, I didn't notice it not working. Susan did and I need to get it fixed. I think its a fuse. Sip some coffee, I read and think. What is thinking anyway? Why do I think, why don't I just know? I've always have wanted to be the guy with the experience. The guy who always had some kind of answer. The go to guy. Yet when I'd meet someone who had that, they always had a story about before they learned what they taught me. I read and think, God doesn't need to read and think, He knows. Yet he designed me to read and think, study, research, find the answer. He doesn't need to that, because I find He is the answer. When I research things, wonder about things, battle things, challenge things. Bicker with people, disagree, hate, love, I find its all His way of my thought process. I find myself to be so misunderstood. I have so much passion for things, I get my respect in different areas, but not in the ones I want. Why do I battle God for His thoughts? I find myself trying to imagine far beyond than I can. It's like at work when we're operating a show. A lot of time I have no idea who I'll be shooting, I don't care either. But I want to know more facts, as to be prepared. I find God will allow me to be prepared for somethings and not for others. He wants my reaction to be running to Him in faith and not doubt. In Mission Impossible 4, Ethan Hunt was in jail and was rescued by a different crew. They were good but clumsy and not his old crew. His character was almost egotistical but not. He had to make things work with he had because everything or almost everything wasn't going to plan. He made it work. Hits me, my life is like a mission of thoughts, but not a mission to figure out God's plan. Its to take from what I've learned and go with it in the given situation. I find myself hoping for the best yet trying to be open for whats to come. I can't limit myself to what I think God has for me. I can't guess even though I do. It's like on the Sandlot, "if you'da been thinkin, you wouldn't have thought that". Smalls was thinking differently than the game. He had to learn how to think differently. There are times in my life when I just need to act despite of whats to come and in those moments is where I feel blind but in a different mindset. That's where He wants me, just doing and not guessing what He's trying to do. But to let Him do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?