Monday, March 19, 2012

Pay it Forward

“But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” Galatians 5:22-23 NLT

This was a song, we sang in Sunday School back in 4th grade. I didn't quite get it though. It was almost like, is this the personality of the Holy Spirit. Fruit? What kind of idea is this? Slept better last night, Shayne went to bed at 5:30 pm and no coughing. Now just hoping that mommy slept better with her infection and that we'll all be better by friday (our anniversary vacation). I read and think. Coffee is good this morning. I'll never forget a customer I had when at Ultimate Electronics. I was working in cameras, she walks in mad with her daughter and mother, and said " I'm looking for a camera for my mother, that can print good pictures, can I take some pictures and print them here before I buy it. I said yes we have cameras, no you can't take a picture here and print it to see if you like it. She then said "is that because you can't do that, or you don't want to help me out?" I said because we can't do that, we do not have printers out to test that. And we didn't, so my other sales guys/ladies jumped in to help with the argument. She ended up leaving with a camera and printer and I made a new friend. The angry lady after almost 2 hrs asked me how long ago I got married. I wasn't married, but I said "it's not hard to be nice". Then I'm reminded of a family devotional my parents read us when we were growing up. It's easy to be cool but awesome takes practice." I read and think, I'm reminded of the movie Pay it Forward with Kevin Spacey, Haley Joel Osmand, and Helen Hunt. Trevor Mckinney is given a chance to help people and in return wants them to help others. I'm then reminded of Wolverine in X men. How this guy was tortured and forced to become a mutant and had so much anger, yet through the eyes of another mutant, he was able to tame his skills and anger to help people. Then there's the apprentice tv show, namely the celebrity version. Here's all these talented people or famous people with charities given a task by Donald trump to use there gifts and talents and work together. Whenever I begin to produce a new video, I'm always thinking about what I want it to do, I'm thinking of the feeling I want people to have, the attitude I want to protray. The fruit I want them to feel. How can I motivate them? When they see something I've done, they ask me how did you keep my attention for that long. I just laugh at that. During production I amazed of how depressed I get, struggles i have, all the fruit of the world I feel influenced by and give into. Sometimes I just want to give up. I find myself making my own law against these fruits of the spirit. I decide when I'm going to use them. It's like a big package, I find myself basing it on my feelings at the moment instead of His life in me. I'm amazed of how many times I make my own law against these things and tame them in my own life. Hits me, I can sing the song, I can read the book, but just as Trevor was given that chance to bear that fruit and show it and then to challenge everyone else to pay it forward, Christ in his commission wants me to in love, produce fruit in me. Even though i don't see it at times, He is doing it regardless of what I think. I told Susan yesterday maybe if there were a law against the fruits of the spirit, I'd be much better at paying them forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?