Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Game is afoot - Young Sherlock Holmes

“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28NLT

This again is one of those famous verses that we would memorize in High School or something. I slept ok, Shayne and mommy appear to be battling colds again. I'll probably get something by the time we go on vacation in a few weeks, lol. Murphy always seems to show up like that right? (murphy's law). I'm about out of coffee this morning, but its been good these past weeks. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of the Young Sherlock Holmes. It was a film back in the 80's about how Sherlock got his start. His ability to analyze a human being's career, habits, personality, etc. was amazing. I tried to doing that after I saw it, but wasn't very good. I can however as many people do be able to figure out what people were attempting to do after I see there work. Who can't do that? I can also by looking at someone recognize if they're troubled. Unless they have a really good poker face. I then accidently judge them. I'm then reminded of murphy's law.  Then of how I try to prevent it from happening. I read and think, following God is scary to me at times. Especially when I know what he wants me to do. A lot of times I feel that still small voice say " just be you". That's hard for me, because I like to have control. Sherlock was faced with a pretty crazy task when all the sudden people began dying in his college town. They were professors and then his girlfriends grandfather. He discovered clues along the way that caused him to pursue justice even further and get in way over his head. But then end result made him be what he was good at, an investigator. During the movie, instead of giving up at the beginning of challenge of announced the phrase "the game is afoot". When I feel I need to do something regardless of my abilities, am i willing to do it? Most of the time. But there are moments when I just think about it, and look at the danger ahead, or the obstacles and say no. Am I going to be like Sherlock and dive into a mystery to get justice regardless if I'm prepared or not? Hits me, Sherlock continue to use his abilities and skills and got in trouble, but he kept believing. In my life even when things get rough I have to remember to keep moving forward and looking at God knowing regardless of the dangers at hand he has a purpose. As I grow in him, I'll be able to say with confidence "the game is afoot". At least try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?