Friday, January 27, 2012

Battle vs. Armor

“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.” Ephesians 6:12-13 NLT


Oh yes, one of the armor verses. I always think of the suit of armor I'd see in older movies and the flannel graphs and stuff but as I grew up, the war was much different. Shaynes under the weather today, I'm tired, but Coffee's good this morning. I read and think, I'm reminded of christian radio, all the sermons, and I always wondered why non-believers think there funny, they really laugh when they see us sing and hear christian music. Yet I think what they laugh at is stupid. Its hard for me to love them, yet they appear to be happier than me and having more fun at times. Sometimes I feel that unless I follow that path of the "wide and open road" I won't get God's attention. I read and think, I'm amazed how many times I forget to put on the armor when I'm at church, I think I let my guard down, but I find I struggle in different ways than the obvious expected. Pride, jealously, envy, fear, etc. I'm just a volunteer yet my heart longs to fix mistakes I see, I bypass authority because I'm so passionate for the gospel message. Yet I'm optimistic and being in the industry, I fully understand that nothing comes over night, its all in time, and in God's time. I often miss where the battles are, or take my armor off during the battle, thinking I'm fine without it, or put it on after the battles been lost. They're not where I expect them, they're at home, at church, at work, in my mind. Pretty much where God wants to see my need for him. Unfortunately he has to do this a lot because I'm too selfish and too preoccupied with my own stuff that I don't see it until its too late. Hits me, every battle I face is really God teaching me how to use His armor, I mess up a lot, but I'm getting better at what it is used for, where, and for what. Its looking at the freedom Christ gave as an upgrade of software. The manufacturer fixed something, and they'll show you what you don't have to do anymore, and every project I do will be another opportunity to get used to using the new way (sometimes its irritating and sometimes it's nice). With His help I'll be a pro and be able to help others just as they helped me through this battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?