Monday, January 2, 2012

My dirty truck

“Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.” Psalm 90:12 NLT

Well its 2012 and what would you know, I'm tired. Lets start this year out being tired? I'm not sure what to think of this one. Life is short? get wisdom? It reminds me of different bumper stickers around town. I had coffee already, and now trying to get back into shape. I read and think. How many movies have they made about this subject. Life is short, count your blessings, be positive, learn from your mistakes. I think of Click, It's a wonderful life, the game. There are so many movies about how even when you're an executive of a company, you can still be lonely. I'm reminded of my dirty truck, my truck is really dirty.  I usually clean it once a year. I've been trying to figure out a good routine to keep it clean consistently, but nothing ever works. I'm too zoned on what I'm doing and then junk just piles up. That 30 seconds it takes to clean a little bit out, I think it takes hours. I read and think, I'm reminded of the health of my marriage. A close friend of mine and I were talking about our marriages the other day and how tough it is to keep them healthy, and it hit me. Life is short, I need help, I need wisdom and understanding. Sure I can drive my truck and care less about it and it'll run, and I can be married and just live with my wife and expect her to live with me so we're married, but if I don't consistently take care of my marriage on a daily basis, my junk will pile up and there will only be enough room for the driver and no other passengers. Hits me, I need God's help to help me see the shortness of this life and that I need wisdom, and he show's me the help from others the I need, etc. Just as I begin each time I get out of the truck to take something to the trash, I need to each day seek Him, and take care of my marriage of my walk, keep things ready, be alert, care for my wife and child. It's not easy I make mistakes, I forget, I screw up. Life is short, gone are the days of just driving my truck, let me begin 2012 with consistent cleaning plan of my life rediscovering Him and what I get to learn each time I park that dirty old thing, and through Him and I'll get it cleaned up and the truck will be as good as new (except for the body damage from the accident last year of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?