Saturday, January 21, 2012

My gig bag

“Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.” Galatians 6:7-8 NLT

This one is interesting, not sure what to think about. Today I have to work out. Working out for me isn't the gym, is just 4 sets of 20 pushups and leg lifts is all. I read and think, all my life I watched my peers, how they dressed, acted, bought, ate, drank, lived, and watched movies. Should I wear a jacket, he's wearing a jacket, should I get a coke or a water, should I wear pants, should I carry my camera or keep it in its case? In my field of work, there's common sense, yet what is it? Define common sense. Whenever you're operating an event, there a lots of rules (common sense) to follow prior to kick off. 1. make sure your sop is done, bio brake (use the bathroom because you can't leave your spot until the show is over). If its an early morning call, get to bed, no drinking the night before.  Eat before you op and take a bio brake.  Think for yourself, make things work for you. I have a gig bag, its weighs about 38 lbs. I have all kinds of stuff (junk I think at times) in it. Every guy ask me what's in there? gum, computer, dvd player, movies, tools, protein bars, glass cleaner, shoe polish, ties, medicine, etc. Hits me, I can't care what people think about me with this huge bag pack, it allows me to get my work done. It feels like a burden but in the long run, I reap the rewards of a job done well. My walk with God is no different, I can carry junk in my life from place to place and have people wonder about me and the odor I leave with this heavy burden on my back, or live by the spirit and his guidance choosing my words and actions as best as I can. Or I can carry in my bag those tools and supplies needed to bless those around me and leave the place. My gig bag is my life support in a way, guys ask if I have certain tools at times to prevent them from making a special trip. I get misled by jerks out there, yet I do what I feel I need to do.  This life is hard, my gig bag is heavy, but I have to keep striving and carrying that thing regardless of what people say, and there are moments when I have to clean it out, refresh it, not look back but forward to see what needs to be trashed, replaced, what I'm still holding on too, what God wants to renew in me to be more like Him and harvest that everlasting life. Sure I can copy what everyone else does, starve through an op, drink lots of coffee because I was stupid that night before the op, but then I'll feel miserable. Forget everyone else, who am I living for? What am I living for? I need to take care of myself, not go with the flow, but strive to follow the spirits leading even if it feels weird, awkward, and tough at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?