Thursday, January 26, 2012

Indiana, let it go - Indian Jones and the Last Crusade

“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.” James 4:10 NLT

I find myself thinking humility with people and God will honor that. Does this mean be open to whatever God wants? not sure. I'm tired this morning. Shayne falls out of her big girl bed about every night, the kid is all over the place when she sleeps, so I need to make shift a railing on the side of it. Sipping Coffee, I read and think, I find myself humbling myself before people with God in mind and I feel honored by that. I find myself being optimistic with God and using the phrase "I don't know, we'll see what happens" and you just go with every day things. I pray when I need to pray, when prayer is needed. But am I humble when I'm praying. Do I pray in duty. I'm not one for fancy words, I've done enough shows where the crowd applauds to a well said speech. Is humility exposing your weaknesses in a blog and putting them on facebook? Sure I can be truthful and honest with people, but am I truthful and honest with God about how I feel. I get leery about being like that with God, sometimes I feel he's my employer, and if I tell him really what I think, I'll get fired or punished for being honest. I find that when I consider things to be "bad" the last thing I do is really humble myself before him. Why last? why not first? He's given me experiences to know what not to do. I'm reminded of the leap of faith in Indiana Jones and the last crusade, and how he had got through the traps but then it came down to his belief, then it came down down to his knowledge and training. He could not fear man, he had to fear God. Then he had to respect God by not taking the grail across the seal, yet he wanted to. He got to a point where he almost lost his own life, and his dad called him "indiana, let it go".  Why do I humble and fear man before I do God? I go back and forth. In those moments God will speak through someone in a language I understand in order to save my life and bring me to life more abundantly. Hits me, i can have all the experiences, knowledge, education, meet famous people, tons of friends on facebook, healthy happy family, good job, but if I don't give it to God, humble myself just as He did for me, I might as well grab my own grail whatever it may be and bring it to immortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?