Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Am I fooling myself?

“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” James 1:22 NLT

HHHmmmm......HHHmmm. Why am I stalling? Procrastination? How many times have I read his word or listened to someone preach or teach it, walk away feeling good, not apply it, but to continue to sin more. I find that I can create such a physical, mental, and spiritual barricade in my life so that I'll feel safe and only have to listen to God's word.  This verse seems easier to do around other believers. I find myself asking God to help me focus on my to do's and for strength for my family but not for help in doing his word. I read and I read, hits me, by writing this blog, I am doing his word, probably the most insecure uncomfortable thing I've ever done, being vulnerable to the world, I often think I'm fooling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?