Saturday, August 20, 2011

But, I still screw up?

“I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.” Psalm 16:8 NLT

At first I'm thinking, well sometimes it didn't matter if He was with me or not.  I still screwed up. Bad things still happened.  Then I'm reminded of the footsteps poem. I read and I think.  I'm a little tired this morning, but not bad, I turned in last night with a fever but the Tylenol helped big time. Sip some coffee, I read and think, backwards again, hits me.  Sure I have knowledge of Him being with me, sure I recognize He's beside me, but if I keep asking for His help instead of making myself available to Him, I'll keep feeling miserable and screw up.  Hits me again.  The more I strive to serve Him,  the more I'll find myself giving Him my pain and I will not feel shaken.

Challenge for me today: strive to make myself available for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?