Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm too nice at times

“For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.” Psalm 149:4 NLT

(this ones kind of long) At first I'm thinking, I need to work on humility now or God won't delight in me. As I start sipping coffee, reading and thinking, reading and thinking. I begin to recall so many instances where I've been humble in asking for an opinion and to follow the other persons lead, knowing full well that they're wrong, when I should have defended the correct answer early on.  Only to find out later that I took humility too far and it made myself look incompetent, I think I'm too nice.  Then its even worse to work with someone who can't admit they made a mistake and that they're arrogant (big pet peeve of mine). Then I realize how long it took me to be humble, how many times in the past could I not admit when I was wrong or made a bad decision? Many times, I have trouble forgiving myself at times for past failures. I read and I read, it hits me, backwards again. Sure I can be a pro at being humble, but, if I don't keep my focus on God, then I will not see that He wants to show me what His type of humility is, that He'll give me the wisdom and knowledge to defend myself and I'll find victory as I delight in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?