Wednesday, August 17, 2011

But, what will people say?


“As the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.” When people commend themselves, it doesn’t count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them.” 2 Corinthians 10:17-18 NLT

At first I'm remember this verse from High School, very similar to the not ashamed verse. Didn't get woken up til 3 am this morning, so I slept better. Sip some coffee, still tired. I never knew how to handle people who bragged about what they had materially, but I know it bothered me. Then I remember how many times I've not bragged about God when I should have. I read and I think, I read and think, I'm tired this morning. Sip some coffee, I think, hits me. I'm backwards again. Instead of getting so caught up with everyones reaction of what I've got, done or believe in the moment, I need to make priority what God thinks of me.  Because if something gets screwed up, I'm gunna and have looked like an idiot and should have kept my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?