Monday, August 15, 2011

Every man dies but not every man lives

“If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.” Romans 14:8 NLT

Wow this verse is easy to read. I'm tired, didn't sleep well again, it was a long tiring weekend. Sip some coffee. The scene from Braveheart comes to mind - "Every man dies but not every man lives". Honestly, I know I have not honored God in my daily thoughts, activities. Sometimes I have, I don't really think about it. I find my self asking Him for help to get through the day but really don't believe it.  I always thought this meant, doing something to further the gospel.  I read and think, sip more coffee. read and think, read and think, hits me (10 min). (caffeine starting to kick in, I love it when that happens) I'm backwards again, I keep on thinking I have to honor God by doing certain things and acting certain ways.  He continues to remind me, that by surrendering to Him all my daily thoughts, actions, and circumstances, He considers it an honor to live through me because I believe I belong to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?