Friday, August 12, 2011

I've Fallen and I can't get up

“Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NLT

Slept better last night, now I'm fighting a cold. At first I'm thinking, oh this verse, the holy temple one.  Sip some coffee. I always thought "hey I run, i don't smoke, drink, drugs, I'm in shape, great next verse." I read and I think, hits me.  I'm drinking coffee and fighting a cold. Sip more coffee. I read and I think, hits me again. How many times have I yelled at God to fix me as I continue to hurt myself, oh the temptations. Hits me again.....I'm backwards. I keep forgetting that God lives in me, and that He just doesn't stop by when He has a moment because I'm one of His children.  If I can keep my focus on God instead of blaming Him for not flipping the off switch with my struggles, He will reveal ways that I can and am already honoring Him. I need some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?