Monday, August 29, 2011

My Disney Land mug

“There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28 NLT

At first I begin to think of how I used to be confused about this verse.  Of course we are all one in Christ, sure I agree. But do I? I did not sleep well last night, first night home from vacation. I'm using my Disney Land mug this morning. As I read and think about this verse, I try to fit jew, gentile, slave, etc into contemporary language. I read and think, I read and think, hits me.  Ya sure this is about different social classes, but it can also be about different "spiritual classes". I'm so quick to judge the spirituality of another believer to think that we're equal in Christ. Hits me again. What is one place on this earth that everyone feels loved, Disney Land! my mug says on the inside "To all that come to this happy place, welcome." Forget these stupid "classes" I've mentally put people in: people who go to church, who don't go to church, who are in leadership at church, involved in church, good workers, not good workers, who don't talk a lot, people who do talk a lot, who I think could never get saved, who swear, who don't spend money wisely, who've made bad decisions, etc. How ridiculous.  I need to keep focusing on Christ and He'll open my eyes to see how much more welcoming I need to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?