Thursday, September 1, 2011

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

“Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.” Proverbs 22:6 NLT

Yep another verse I don't really agree with.  Sure I grew up in a great christian home, went to church every week, sang all the hymns, had quiet times, I was a good innocent, naive, sheltered boy. Then I rebelled because I was tired of being looked at as naive and sheltered, and I wanted to see what was out there what I had missed out on. I read and I think, I read and I think, I sip some coffee. We're finally moved into the condo, and got internet up and running, a lot of work still to do with getting settled in. I read and think.  I was the last one of my brother and sisters to get married, they all got married when they were 18 and 19 or 20, I waited until I was 31. Hits me, this isn't talking to parents, its talking to the kids that have grown up now. The movie line from Dirty Harry comes to mind.  "Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" Hits me again. My parents did direct me on the right path, I rebelled of course, but now that I'm older, I won't leave it, I'll mess up at times, but I won't leave it.  Ya times get tough, days will suck, but God will always be with me and never leave me, like he didn't back then.

My focus today: believing and trusting that God does the work, not me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?