Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Lost Canyon mug

“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:33 NLT

Is it really that simple? I mean seriously? Really tired this morning, I had yesterday off, and it was dedicated to the end of the apartment, now I have the remains in the condo. I have very little at the apartment but it still there. Sip some coffee, I'm using my Lost Canyon mug today. I got this a few years ago when I was shooting a Retreat. Lost Canyon is the name of a Young Life camp in Williams, Arizona. Oh the shots I've gotten up there, I still envision flying over the camp in a helicopter to get a nice areal. I read and think. In audio visual, when you're operating a show, you care slightly about what the audience is doing but more about what's going on stage, your eyes are focused way over there. A lot of times you don't need a script, you just go with the action. When I would be on camera, my director would tell me over intercom, "ok, Nate, do your thing" or he'd say nothing at all, knowing I was already paying attention. I read and think, I read and think. This confuses me.  I have to figure out the difference between the temptations and the opportunities to serve. Hits me, sip some coffee. The more I choose to ignore the things that i know aren't healthy for me and things that can poison my day. And really trust that those unhealthy things won't give me happiness and focus on God and things that He says are healthy, I'll feel so much better, and I'll find what I need in Him.  Ironically it feels in the beginning like you're lost in a canyon but really, you've been found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?