Saturday, September 24, 2011

Why are you smiling? Smiling's my favorite! all my problems go away!

“So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” Hebrews 10:35-36 NLT

Sip some coffee, really tired this morning, hopefully rest today on my day off. Going to see Grandpa Kinkel today. I've been thinking about our Kinkel family lately and where all my cousins are in life. This is another one of those scriptures I don't like to read because it makes me face my problems.  I really wish at times I could simply smile and my issues would go away.  I read and think, I read and think. Sip more coffee, it's so crazy of how the sinful life I left and gave to Christ, looks so enticing at times. I read and think, I find my self thinking of Bilboe in Lord of the Rings, reaching for the ring in his pocket "oh this ring right here, in my pocket". How many times when my confidence was either gone or very close to being gone, do I wish I had a Gandolf appear immediately. Hits me, when I feel I'm fighting myself to do the right thing, or have no will power to give an effort, God becomes my confidence, my patient endurance, to help me in that time of need.  Even if I fall, He doesn't care, He's still there just as He promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?