Wednesday, September 28, 2011

my Lake Powell mug

“But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.” 1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT

At first I'm thinking, this is that verse that separates us. This is the one that will tell me not to talk to non christians at all, it's the one that can cause me to judge them and give me an excuse not to have to talk to them. I'm tired this morning, only 3 days of left of September and of the apartment and just few things left, sell sell sell. I could almost make a living off of Craig's list but I can't, it's good side cash. Sip some coffee, I read and think.  I'm using my Lake Powell mug today...Lake Powell, one of my most favorite places to be and go. I read and think. I think about how many time's I just want to tell someone they need Jesus. I also reminds me of what got me into video production to begin with. It was how movies, music, and entertainment made me feel about myself, how much they impacted my life and influenced how I thought about things.  I wanted to produce that feeling for peoples families, business, and ministry. I wanted people to be alive in there life and celebrate it and be excited about whatever they were doing. I read and think, I read and think, hits me. Sure I can leave people alone with only knowledge that they haven't seen Jesus like I have, or, I can share with them where God is seen, He's in the movies, music, people actions. Lake Powell is a man made lake, who wants to go to a man made lake? Oh the shots I've got from that place, all the videos I've made. When I think of Lake Powell I think of the music, relaxation, I hear the lapping of water agains't the boat in morning, the sun coming up, all the footage I can take. I can show you every video I've made of it, but until you've gone you won't know for yourself. I became a christian at the age of 8 but I didn't really start living until I was 18, surprisedly God was walking with me the whole time and still is.

Lake Powell 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?