Friday, September 30, 2011

Get it, Got it, Good

“I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.” Philippians 1:9-10 NLT

Sip some coffee, tired this morning. Sip some more coffee. I almost passed this one up, thinking it was just another ending of a chapter or something. I'm not used to someone talking to me like this. Usually I expect "well man, keep on, keeping on."or "good to see you again too" or "stay strong"or "peace out". It's like running into someone who's really spiritual and saying "ya ya, uh uh, thanks". Sip some coffee, the apartment has one more trip to clean up some stuff, and I'm done. What a relief. Now that challenge will be to go through memorabilia in October. I read and I think, I read and I think. I don't feel judged by this. I'm usually used to someone bumping into me and telling me how live my life without knowing how I'm living it. I have learned to ask people questions about themselves and wait for an answer and listen to it. I actually feel loved by read this, like I'm not being blamed. I read and I think. I like to get the facts on things, I wasn't always like that, but I learned over time, I wouldn't stress as much if I waited for all the facts. Ya I'm focused on my daily to dos and making progress and having a goal and such.  Sometime I'll run into someone (like a neighbor at the apartment) have a little chat. Maybe I'll feel like praying for them, not sure. I read and think, Hits me. What does really matter? The american dream? keeping my family happy? making sure we go to church every week? keep my job? Seems so confusing. I can research technology and get answers all day long, I can forecast how long it'll take me to get a new camera, to see when my wife won't have to work anymore and stay home with our daughter, when I can sell my truck upgrade to something better for the family, when I won't struggle in temptation whatever kind it might be at the moment, the list goes on. Life stuff never ends. I think of Hook, City Slickers, Freedom writers, Click, Family man, Pursuit of Happyness. Hits me again, if I don't strive on a daily basis to seek knowledge and understanding (i don't feel like it at times, and wonder how so many people are so much more excited about it than me) of God and his word, I'll always have trouble living a pure and blameless life and forget about Christ's return. He'll show me that I really matter to Him. Now to title this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?