Tuesday, September 6, 2011

God, follow my lead and I won't get hurt, ok?

“Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.” John 14:23 NLT

At first I'm thinking, Huh? It's one of those verses I think I've read but not sure, but it sounds really familiar. Slept better last night, but still coffee worthy. I actually have to be at work at 6 am, so I'm happy this morning. I'll be able to be home with the family tonight. I read and think, I read and think. I find if I love someone, I want them to do what I say, as to prevent them from being hurt or doing it wrong, not the other way around. Usually if someone tells me to do what they say, they're paying me to and I just don't want to argue or it's their idea, so I'll just follow. It also makes me think of how much I can't stand unsolicited advice. I read and think, I read and think, hits me.  I'm backwards again. No matter how many time's I've been screwed over by people and experiences in my life, that trust level has gone down to prevent anything bad happening again. Especially when I feel I've been screwed over by God. God isn't like that. He doesn't want me to put Him in the same boat as the other people in my life. He doesn't belong there because His plan for me is to grow in love with Him through all those experience both good and bad. He leads me when I do what He says, even if it doesn't make any sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?